Job: HGV Mechanic
Salary: Grade 7 (£24,491- £27,741 FTE plus tool allowance)
Base: Cledford Lane, Middlewich
Shift pattern: 37 hours / Monday - Friday / 6.00am – 2.00pm / 1.10pm – 9.00pm with rest break
Contract duration: Permanent
Ansa Environmental Services Ltd is currently seeking an experienced HGV Mechanic to join our values-led, growing environmental operations business. You will be based at our new purpose built Environmental Hub in Middlewich.
The role will include:
- Carrying out scheduled servicing inspection and preparation for testing as required for all fleet vehicles (LGV to small vehicles)
- Carrying out MOT Tests
- Undertaking regular safety inspections of LGV's in accordance with the statutory requirements to maintain Goods Vehicle Operators Licence and repair defects as necessary
- Inspecting vehicles plant and specialist equipment to diagnose faults (mechanical / electrical / hydraulic) and repair as necessary
- Completing all necessary records relating to the inspection, service and repair of all fleet items in accordance with statutory and administrative requirements
- Liaising with colleagues, vehicle operatives and managers to prioritise workload, organise replacement parts and / or specialist support when required
- Supervising and direct the activities of the apprentices
- Providing out of hours repairs and breakdown cover as required by front line services
Our offer is the opportunity to work for an ambitious and growing organisation. You will enjoy the fantastic benefits of a career average pension scheme, flexible working hours, salary sacrifice schemes and access to physio healthcare.
From a qualifications point of view, we are looking for applications from people who are Irtec trained; time served HGV mechanics to city and guilds of HND / HNC level or equivalent and have operational experience.
Closing date: 31 July 2021
Are you interested? Please email HRAnsaInbox@ansa.co.uk for an application form.