Job: HGV Mechanic
Salary: Grade 8 £35,745 - £36,648 FTE / £18.53 - £19.00 p/h plus monthly tool allowance and optional overtime, paid at time and half)
Base: Cledford Lane, Middlewich
Shift pattern: 37 hours / Monday - Friday / 6.00am – 2.00pm / 1.10pm – 9.00pm with rest break
Contract duration: Permanent
Ansa Environmental Services Ltd is currently seeking an experienced HGV Mechanic to join our values-led, growing environmental operations business. You will be based at our new purpose built Environmental Hub in Middlewich.
The role will include:
- Carrying out scheduled servicing inspection and preparation for testing as required for all fleet vehicles (HGV to small vehicles)
- Carrying out MOT Tests (taxi)
- Undertaking regular safety inspections of HGV's in accordance with the statutory requirements to maintain Goods Vehicle Operators Licence and repair defects as necessary
- Inspecting vehicles, plant and specialist equipment to diagnose faults (mechanical/electrical/hydraulic) and repair as necessary
- Completing all necessary records relating to the inspection, service and repair of all fleet items in accordance with statutory and administrative requirements
- Liaising with colleagues, vehicle operatives and managers to prioritise workload, organise replacement parts and/or specialist support when required
- Supervising and directing the activities of the apprentices
- Providing out of hours repairs and breakdown cover as required by front line services
Our offer is the opportunity to work for an ambitious and growing organisation. You will enjoy the fantastic benefits of up to 31 holidays a year plus bank holidays, local government pension scheme, various salary sacrifice schemes, access to physio healthcare and other well-being resources.
From a qualifications point of view, we are looking for applications from people who are time served HGV mechanics to city and guilds or IMI NVQ Level 3 or equivalent and have operational experience. Irtec qualification would be advantageous but not essential, as training can be provided.
Are you interested? Our application form can be found here:
Alternatively you can email for an application: HRAnsainbox@ansa.co.uk.
Closing date: 6 December 2023