This is the incident summary actions of an incident at our depot at Cledford Lane:
The remainder of our community liaison minutes can be found below:
- Community Liaison Group Minutes 02.11.2023 (PDF, 239KB)
- Community Liaison Group Minutes 10.08.23 (PDF, 176KB)
- Community Liaison Group Minutes 15.06.23 (PDF, 191KB)
- Community Liaison Group Minutes 26.01.23 (PDF, 203KB)
- Community Liaison Group Minutes 03.11.22 (PDF, 167KB)
- Community Liason Group Minutes 18.08.22 (PDF, 157KB)
- Community Liaison Group Minutes 28.04.22 (PDF, 197KB)
- Community Liaison Group Minutes 27.01.22 (PDF, 201KB
- Community Liaison Group Minutes - 21.10.21 (PDF, 189KB)
- Community Liaison Group Minutes - 19.08.21 (PDF, 194KB)
- Community Liaison Group Minutes 12.11.20 Final (PDF, 153KB)
- Hub Liaison Group Terms of Reference updated 10.08.20 (PDF, 125KB)
- Community Liaison Group Minutes 30.07.20 (PDF, 105KB)
- Community Liaison Group Minutes 30.04.20 (PDF, 116KB)
- Community Liaison Group Minutes 30.01.20 (PDF, 116KB)
- Community Liaison Group Minutes 28.01.21 (PDF, 183KB)
- Minutes of Waste Hub Liaison Group 29.04.21 (PDF, 122KB)
- Community liaison minutes 27.09.18 (PDF, 227KB)
- Community liaison minutes 29.11.18 (PDF, 213KB)
- Community liaison minutes 31.01.19 (PDF, 197KB)
- Community liaison minutes 28.03.19 (PDF, 194KB)
- Community liaison minutes 06.06.19 (PDF, 182KB)
- Community liaison minutes 25.07.19 (PDF, 185KB)
- Community liaison minutes 28.11.19 (PDF, 186KB)
Odour update 24/8/22
We are sorry to hear that some residents experienced issues with odours last night (Tuesday). We can confirm that everything is working correctly with the site and all systems are working as expected today.
We do understand your concerns and appreciate your feedback. Please be assured that we operate fully within the terms of our permit, and regularly review our working practices to look for improvements. This includes regular maintenance of machinery as well as increased odour monitoring. We can confirm that there have been no issues with odours over the past few days at the Cledford Lane site.
We are aware that a burning smell was reported in the Middlewich area last night and we can confirm that this did not come from the Cledford Lane facility.
Odour update 19/8/22
Last week during the heatwave, some Middlewich residents started to experience unpleasant odours which were reported to us. The reports were investigated, and it was concluded that they were caused by transient odours from vehicles leaving the site. We understand the concerns regarding odours from our haulage partner’s vehicles and we know they disinfect their vehicles and regularly arrange for them to be washed at Lymm truck stop. Unfortunately, the recent hot weather has contributed to the issue, making odours more noticeable.
On Wednesday 17 August odours were reported to us and we believe these are due to the very hot temperatures and the higher humidity experienced recently, which has degraded the carbon in the system sooner than usual. We have increased the frequency of the carbon replacement previously, and it is now replaced every 3 to 4 months, instead of annually, which was the original plan based on industry advice.
The next replacement was in the diary for early September, but we have asked the supplier if they can bring this forward to next week as a matter of urgency. Our goal is to have the carbon changed as soon as possible to minimise the risk of odour for residents and we will continue to monitor the carbon on a monthly basis.
Ultimately, any operational equipment is susceptible to mechanical failures, particularly during extreme weather conditions. Whilst we cannot guarantee that will not happen, we endeavour to manage the site in a way that minimises any odour, whilst continuing to deliver a first class service to our residents.
We will post regular updates on our website and social media feeds. Once again, we apologise for any issues and we are working hard to find solutions with our partners.
Ansa works hard to promote positive relationships within the Cheshire East community, in particular within the town of Middlewich, where our head office is based. The Ansa Community Liaison Group meets every two months and comprises of Middlewich Town & Cheshire East Councillors, local community representatives and Ansa senior managers. You can find the minutes for these meetings below.