Job: Trainee Waste Transfer Station Plant Operator
Salary: Grade 5 (£24,294), rising to Grade 6 (£26,421) on successful completion of the training programme
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: 37 hours per week Monday to Friday, rotating shift pattern 6am – 2pm / 10am – 6 pm
Location: Environmental Hub, Middlewich
Ansa Environmental Services Ltd are looking to appoint a Trainee Waste Transfer Station Plant Operator to join our values-led, growing environmental operations business.
Working within a friendly and professional team; you will be training to provide an effective waste transfer service facilitating the correct reception, identification, movement, processing and storage of a variety of waste streams including, residual, recycling, garden, scrap metal, street cleansing, waste electrical and electronic equipment, tyres and other hazardous wastes. Once trained, you will ensure all waste management on site is completed within the remit of the sites planning permission, Environmental Permit and Health, Safety and Environmental Management Systems.
In order to apply for the role, the ideal candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Full valid driving licence
- The ability to work on own initiative and as an effective member of a team
- A positive approach towards learning and development
- HGV Class 2 License
- Experience operating or working around plant machinery
- NVQ Level 2 in Waste Operations
This is an exciting opportunity in which the successful candidate will be trained on a range of plant equipment and on successful completion of training program, move into a permanent Waste Transfer Station Operative position, Grade 6 £26,854.
The training programme has been designed to take up to 6 months and ensure achievement of the following standards:
- NPORS qualified on Material Handler, Loading Shovel and Telehandler.
- Knowledge of Waste Management Legislation and Waste Operations
- NVQ Level 2 in Waste Operations (or willing to work towards)
- Ability to conduct daily checks on plant and equipment, identifying and reporting defects as necessary.
- Provide a safe and efficient service; ensuring materials are being processed as required.
Our offer is the opportunity to work for an ambitious and growing organisation where you can help contribute to the future success of the company. You will enjoy the fantastic benefits of a career average pension scheme, flexible working hours, salary sacrifice schemes and access to physio healthcare.
Our application form can be found here:
Alternatively you can email for an application: HRAnsainbox@ansa.co.uk or call 01270 686682.