Job: Senior Team Leader (Waste and Recycling)
Salary: Grade 9 - £32,797 – £35,336 FTE
Contract type: Full time
Hours: 37 hours per week
Due to retirement, we have a great opportunity for you to take your environmental services career forward, as we are looking to recruit a Senior Team Leader (Waste and Recycling).
We are looking for innovative, inspiring individuals who work well within a fast-paced environment. Your drive for improvement and skill for bringing new ideas and solutions to table will support the continuous improvement of our services.
You will apply your skills to develop a cost effective and customer-focused operational team, engaged in the daily delivery of waste and recycling collection operations.
The successful post holder will be required to:
- Monitor service delivery performance and identify, investigate and implement efficiency and performance improvements within front line waste collection activities.
- Provide leadership, motivate and manage staff through; managing induction and probation periods through to overseeing the management of absences, performance, and disciplinary matters.
- Lead service / staff development through the PDR process and managing training and development opportunities.
- Ensuring that systems, policies and procedures are in place and followed to meet statutory regulatory compliance and environmental standards including those in relation to plant, vehicles and equipment.
In order to be considered, the ideal candidate will:
- Have a proven track record of managing staff in a fast paced operational environment, fleet management, and health and safety and transport legislation.
- Be proficiency in the use of IT and Microsoft Office and have good report writing skills
- Be knowledgeable of current environmental issues, alongside having a good understanding of health and safety and transport legislation
- Be able to use your own initiative, organise, prioritise and manage own workload to meet customer demand whilst under pressure to meet strict deadlines
The post holder must have the ability and willingness to work flexibly and be able to travel across the borough as and when required.
Our offer is the opportunity to work for an ambitious and growing organisation where you can help contribute to the future success of the company. You will enjoy the fantastic benefits of a career average pension scheme, health cash plan, access to corporate discounts, flexible working hours, salary sacrifice schemes and access to physio healthcare.
If you would like to have an informal discussion about this role, please contact Steve Newton on 07795 697604.
The application form can be found here:
The job description and person specification can be found here:
Alternatively you can email HRAnsainbox@ansa.co.uk.
The closing date for this position is 27 June 2022.