Job title: Parks Research Consultant
Salary: Grade 6 FTE *indicative
Location: Environmental Hub, Middlewich, CW10 0JR
Type of contract: 18.5 hours – Temporary till 31st March 2022
We are looking to recruit a Parks Research Consultant to join an existing team who are passionate about the development and enhancement of green open spaces for our community and visitors to Cheshire East.
We are seeking applicants who are well-organised, self-motivated and have a flexible approach to work. The post holder will be required to support the update of our client’s Municipal Parks Strategy. You will be required to engage with local authorities parks departments and other parks and green space professionals, to establish achievable best practice initiatives for our client.
Primarily you will be researching and evaluating best practice within the parks and green space management sector, and assisting with the implementation of a series of pilot greenspace management / maintenance projects.
The role will involve some travel across the Borough and the post holder will be expected to represent the Company and be able to build effective working relationships with a diverse range of people.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be educated to at least Level 4 or have previous work experience that demonstrates competent level of research ability to meet the requirements of the role
- Have a thorough approach to work with attention to detail, and the ability to accurately interpret data and present findings
- Be able to demonstrate an interest in horticulture / parks management / landscape design / sustainability / nature and conservation
- Have excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Have the knowledge and skills to keep up to date with the latest initiatives, developments and environmental concerns relating to the management of green spaces
- Have IT / Keyboard skills and thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
If you would like to have an informal discussion about this role, please contact Matt Smith on 07980 977773.
To request an application form please email HRAnsaInbox@ansa.co.uk or call 01270 686682.
Access our: Job application form - Ansa (PDF, 424KB)
We are committed to equal opportunities and disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for this position will be offered an interview. We therefore encourage all applicants to discuss their needs with Matt so that reasonable adjustments can be made to the recruitment process.
Closing date: 15 October 2021
The Company is unable to notify every applicant of the result of their application. If you have therefore not been contacted within four weeks of the closing date, then you should assume that your application has been unsuccessful.