Job: Grounds Supervisor
Contract: 12 month secondment / fixed term contract
Location: West Park, Macclesfield
Hours: 37 hours per week
Salary: Grade 6 £21,748- £24, 491
We have an exciting opportunity for 12 month contract as a Grounds Supervisor at West Park in Macclesfield.
Supervising a large team, the role will include:
- Ensuring that the current start and end of day processes are monitored and followed accordingly. These include the signing in/out of keys, daily work schedules being allocated, relevant paperwork is completed and signed (where applicable) and making sure that machinery and plant has been stored safely for the next working day.
- Carrying out site visits to ensure that the health & safety requirements on site are being adhered to and that works are to the continued high standards expected by the service.
- Dealing with customer/staff issues efficiently seeking support from line management where required.
- Using Outlook, Word and Excel on a daily basis and other various internal systems when required to do so.
- Ensuring that the start and end of day procedures are followed by the team.
- Issuing daily schedules to the team, managing and prioritising arboricultural works across the borough, ensuring that work is carried out effectively. This will involve frequent inspections of work.
- Ensuring that all work practices confirm to current H & S standards and operational guidance.
- Supporting team members to help further their development, pass on experience and promote good team working.
- Deploy and maintain vehicles, machinery and equipment effectively.
- Overseeing the completion of work records and documentation specific to the roles carried out by the team.
We are therefore seeking applicants who possess experience in horticultural/grounds maintenance practices and the skillsets to carry out the duties listed above.
To apply for our vacancy, please request an application pack via email to HRansainbox@ansa.co.uk. Please note we do not accept CV’s and your application may not be considered unless you submit an application form.
We are committed to equal opportunities and disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for this position will be offered an interview. We therefore encourage all applicants to discuss their needs with the recruiting manager so that reasonable adjustments can be made to the recruitment process.
Closing date: Wednesday 7 April 2021
The Company is unable to notify every applicant of the result of their application. If you have therefore not been contacted within four weeks of the closing date, then you should assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
**The Company will not re-employ employees who left their employment on the grounds of voluntary retirement/severance except in truly exceptional circumstances. Reappointment and re-engagement includes all types of contractual relationships whether they be a contract of employment, contract of service etc. and whether the individual is appointed as an employee or engaged as an interim, direct consultancy or via an agency or other supplier. If you feel however that there are exceptional circumstances in your case, please write in the first instance to Melanie Henniker, Group Head of HR and OD, Environmental Hub, Cledford Lane, Middlewich, Cheshire. CW10 0JR.