Job: Grounds Operative
Location: Cledford Lane, Middlewich
Hours: 37 hours per week
Salary: Grade 4 £19,649 - £20,043 per annum FTE
Ansa Environmental Services Ltd is a growing company which is wholly owned by Cheshire East Council.
We are seeking a Grounds Operative to compliment our existing team. We are looking for someone who will be committed to providing an effective frontline service to the residents of Cheshire East in a courteous, professional, efficient and safe manner in line with Ansa’s policies, procedures, risk assessments and safe working practices.
The role of Grounds Operative involves the completion a range of maintenance and cleansing activities to ensure the Borough of Cheshire East is a clean, safe and an attractive place to live with well-maintained streets and public spaces. Other activities will include the maintenance of public open spaces, horticultural features, highway verges, car parks, formal parks, cemeteries and street cleansing duties.
In order to apply for the role, applicants will need to have:
- Experience of operating grounds maintenance equipment and machinery, tractors and ancillary equipment, ride-on mowers, chainsaws and knapsack sprayers
- A valid UK driving licence in order to work across the borough
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Customer service, tact and diplomacy skills in order to deal with customers and clients
- Literacy and numeracy skills in order to complete health and safety related documentation
In return Ansa offer competitive terms and conditions, access to the Local Government (career average) Pension Scheme, a health cash plan, salary sacrifice schemes, employee assistance programme and access to corporate leisure discount, amongst other benefits.
Our application form can be found here:
Alternatively you can email HRAnsainbox@ansa.co.uk.