Job title: Communications Officer
Hours: 37 hours, Monday to Friday
Location: Middlewich with travel throughout the Cheshire East area and neighbouring boroughs
Salary: Grade 8 – (£29,174 - £32,797)
Ansa Environmental Services Ltd is currently seeking an experienced communications professional to join our growing environmental operations business. You will be based at our Environmental Hub in Middlewich and will be required to travel throughout the Cheshire East area as well as neighbouring boroughs.
Our Communications Team is committed to providing excellence in both their performance standards and customer service. To achieve this for our internal as well as external customers, we are continuously improving our skills and processes to ensure efficient and effective service delivery.
To support the team, we are looking to recruit a Communications Officer to assist with devising communications and education programmes with a priority on the requirements of the Cheshire East Waste Strategy.
In order to apply for the role, applicants must:
- Be educated to degree level in related discipline
- Hold CIM/CIPR or equivalent relevant qualification
- Be fluent in English Language
- Be proficient in Maths
- Have a broad knowledge of social media platforms
- Have well-developed presentation skills – both verbal and written
- Have demonstrable experience of working in a communications environment
- Have a good working knowledge of current environmental issues and a demonstrable ability to work in a collaborative way with other departments
- Have a “can do” and flexible attitude with the ability to work within a team to provide a high standard of service
- Have tact and diplomacy in dealing with enquiries by telephone or in person.
- Have a working knowledge of a variety of applications including full Microsoft Office package as well as web-based applications in order to access and communicate information to our customers
- Have the ability to organise, prioritise and manage own workload to meet customer demand whilst under pressure to meet deadlines
- Hold a full, preferably clean, driving licence
- Support the delivery of key internal and external publications including copywriting and photography
- Assist with planning and delivery of successful internal and external communication campaigns
- Develop key relationships within the business and with key partners as well as external stakeholders including the media, suppliers, national organisations that are beneficial for the business and help deliver Ansa’s priorities
- Manage multiple social media accounts for Ansa and its clients
- Provide a daily media briefing to managers
- Keep up to date with industry trends to spot engagement or educational opportunities
- Work with our engagement team as well as volunteers in delivering engagement activities and waste minimisation campaigns and events
- Support the Communications Manager in the delivery of the waste minimisation message.
Our offer is the opportunity to work for an ambitious and growing organisation where you can help contribute to the development of our Communications Team and really affect change. You will enjoy the fantastic benefits of a career average pension scheme, health cash plan, flexible working hours and access to salary sacrifice schemes.
For an informal discussion please contact Amanda Wagg on 07973 899095 or email email@example.com.
Are you interested? Our application form can be found here:
Alternatively you can email for an application: HRAnsainbox@ansa.co.uk.
Closing date: is 12.00pm 27 May 2022.
Interview date: 9 June 2022.