Heavy Vehicle Service & Maintenance Technician
Level 2 & Level 3
Working hours: Working alternating shift patterns on a weekly basis. 06:00 - 14:00 & 12:00 - 20:00
Total working hours: (including study hours at college) 37 hours per week.
Rate of pay: Annual salary
(Depending on Age and level of Qualification)
16-17 - £8,778
18-20 - £12,443
21-22 - £16,128
23+ - £17,189
Qualified @ Level 2 - £17,842
Vacancy description: You will work as part of a friendly team to gain hands on experience on a wide range of equipment e.g. on small plant leading to Waste HGV's based at our facilities in Cledford Lane Depot, Middlewich. You will receive training on and off site, to enable you to carry out varied duties which include:
- Diagnosis and repair work on a variety of plant, equipment and light commercial vehicles.
- Preventative maintenance work including lubricating engines and chassis, performing minor paint works.
- Service of plant and equipment, hand and power tools in accordance with service schedules.
- Assistance at breakdowns.
- Assistance with MOT testing of vehicles and taxis
- Preparation of vehicles for annual plating test.
Desired skills: The ability to work within a team and pay attention to detail, work in an organised and methodical and safe manner.
Desired personal qualities: Someone with a willing approach, who will enjoy learning all aspects of the duties required to fulfil the role of Mechanic/Fitter and enjoys working as part of a team. You will take a proactive approach to your training and development throughout the training period.
Desired qualifications: Relevant level of Maths and English for the completion of the qualification.
Future prospects: Ansa have an excellent track record of employing successful apprentices following the completion of their training programme. We take a pro-active approach to developing our people and offer good career prospects.
Additional benefits: In addition to the salary on offer additional benefits may include:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Career average pension scheme with Cheshire Pension fund
- Car hire Scheme
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Birmingham Hospital Fund
Employment start date: To be discussed with the successful candidate.
For an informal discussion: Contact Mark Blackwell 07875 545898 or Angela McBride 07796 187854