Job Title: Waste Transfer Station Plant Operator
Salary: Grade 6 (£21,748 – 24,491)
Contract Type: Permanent - 37 Hours per week Monday to Friday with the requirement to work flexibly between the hours of 6am and 7pm
Location: Environmental Hub, Middlewich
Ansa Environmental Services Ltd are looking to appoint a Waste Transfer Station Plant Operator to join our values-led, growing environmental operations business.
Working within a friendly and professional team; you will provide an effective waste transfer service - facilitating the correct reception, identification, movement, processing and storage of a variety of waste streams including, residual, recycling, garden, scrap metal, street cleansing, waste electrical and electronic equipment, tyres and other hazardous wastes. To ensure all waste management on site is completed within the remit of the sites planning permission, environmental permit and health, safety and environmental management systems.
In order to apply for the role, the ideal candidate will have:
- HGV Class 2 License (preferred but not essential)
- NPORS qualified on material handler, loading shovel and telehandler
- Knowledge of waste management legislation and waste operations
- NVQ Level 2 in Waste Operations (or willing to work towards)
- Ability to conduct daily checks on plant and equipment, identifying and reporting defects as necessary.
- Provide a safe and efficient service ensuring materials are being processed as required.
- The ability to work on own initiative and as an effective member of a team
- Full valid driving licence is essential
Our offer is the opportunity to work for an ambitious and growing organisation where you can help contribute to the future success of the company. You will enjoy the fantastic benefits of a career average pension scheme, flexible working hours, salary sacrifice schemes and access to physio healthcare.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, application forms are available from HRAnsaInbox@ansa.co.uk
The closing date for this position is noon on 25th October 2020