Waste Transfer Station Manager
Job: Waste Transfer Station Manager
Contract: Temporary Maternity Cover (up to 12 months)
Location: Environmental Hub, Middlewich
Hours: 37 hours per week
Salary: Grade 9 £30,507- £33,799 (FTE)
Ansa are looking to appoint a Waste Transfer Station Manager to lead and develop the delivery of waste transfer and treatment operations, based at our brand new purpose built waste transfer facility in Middlewich, Cheshire.
The successful candidate will lead and develop the customer focussed operational team engaged in the daily delivery of waste transfer and treatment operations. They will ensure that a cost effective service is delivered in accordance with the Company’s values and objectives whilst ensuring regulatory compliance.
Key duties will include;
- Managing systems and developing procedures within the transfer station and permitted areas
- Managing delivery of services within budgets
- Leading your team to promote the safest working environment for staff, contractors, customers and the public
- Ensuring operations adhere to ISO9001, ISO14001 and OHSAS18001 at all times
- Providing a high level service driving best practice and continuous improvement
- Wamitab Level 4 Medium Risk Operator Competence for Non- Hazardous Waste Treatment and Transfer
- Wamitab Level 4 Medium Risk Operator Competence for Hazardous Waste Transfer
- Membership of the Chartered Institution of Waste Management (desirable)
- IOSH Managing Safely
Applications are welcomed from candidates possessing an in depth knowledge and understanding of waste management and health and safety legislation.
In return Ansa offer competitive terms and conditions, access to the Local Government (career average) Pension Scheme, salary sacrifice schemes, employee assistance programme and access to corporate leisure discount amongst other benefits.
To request an application form, please email SourcingTeam@ecwip.co.uk or telephone 01244 972244. For an informal discussion about the role please contact Laura Griffiths on 01270 686 842.
Closing date: 13 September 2019 at 5pm