Team Leader Grounds
Job: Team Leader Grounds
Location: Macclesfield with the potential to move to the Environmental Hub at Middlewich
Hours: 37 hours per week
Salary: Grade 7 (£23,836 - £26,999 FTE)
A vacancy has arisen within the Grounds Maintenance Service for the role of Team Leader.
Working within a friendly and professional team, you will be a key member of staff performing day to day supervision, managing a team of 2 Supervisors and 25+ Grounds Operatives.
You will apply your skills and experience to continually develop a cost effective and customer-focused operational team who are engaged in the daily delivery of all grounds maintenance operations.
In order to be considered, applicants will ideally possess the following:
- Experience in managing an operational workforce within the horticulture industry
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to liaise with customers, elected members and community groups
- The ability to effectively challenge behaviour in order to drive performance
- Proficient in the use of IT including Microsoft office
- A valid IOSH Managing Safely certificate
- A current valid UK driving licence
The post holder must have the ability and willingness to work flexibly and be able to travel across the borough as and when required.
If you would like to have an informal discussion about this role, contact Douglas Christie on 01270 683682/07795 697652.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, application forms are available from SourcingTeam@ecwip.co.uk
We are committed to equal opportunities and disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for this position will be offered an interview. We encourage all applicants to discuss their needs with the recruiting manager so that reasonable adjustments can be made to the recruiting process.
Closing date: 5pm on 23 October 2019