Grounds Supervisor - Trees
Location: Environmental Hub, Middlewich
Hours: 37 hours per week
Salary: Grade 6 £21,166 - £23,836 per annum FTE
Ansa Environmental Services Ltd is a growing Company which is wholly owned by Cheshire East Council.
We have recently moved to a brand new facility in Middlewich and we are looking to recruit a Supervisor to join our currently busy Arboriculture team.
We are looking for somebody who will be committed to providing an effective frontline service to the residents of Cheshire East, communicating with them and other stakeholders in a courteous and professional manner.
You will be expected to undertake a variety of tree works both on the parks and open spaces maintained by the company as well as sites relating to commercial contracts.
For the right applicant, there is the possibility of obtaining further qualifications to build a successful career in this speciality, benefiting the individual and the company.
As a professional Arborist, you will supervise Ansa’s current Arborist Team by;
- Ensuring that the start and end of day procedures are followed by the team.
- Issuing daily schedules to the team, managing and prioritising arboricultural works across the borough, ensuring that work is carried out effectively. This will involve frequent inspections of work.
- Ensuring that all work practices confirm to current H & S standards and operational guidance.
- Supporting team members to help further their development, pass on experience and promote good team working.
- Deploy and maintain vehicles, machinery and equipment effectively.
- Overseeing the completion of work records and documentation specific to the roles carried out by the team.
In order to apply for this role, applicants should have:
- Proven experience of working in arboricultural services and supervising teams in a challenging environment.
- A full UK driving licence. (B+E trailer entitlement is desirable).
- NPTC CS30, CS31, CS38 and CS39 qualifications or equivalent. (CS32, CS40 & CS41 is desirable).
- Ability to undertake basic tree surveys and inspections
- Good IT skills.
- A flexible and can do attitude.
- Emergency first aid knowledge is essential.
In return, you will receive access to the following benefits; competitive terms and conditions, career average pension scheme, access to salary sacrifice green car scheme, child care vouchers, Employee Assistance Programme, corporate leisure discount etc.
To request an application form, please email SourcingTeam@ecwip.co.uk. For an informal discussion, please contact Keith Thelwell on 07976 770935 or Doug Christie on 07795 697652.
Closing Date: 12 noon 26 August 2019
Potential Interview Date: W/C 2 September 2019