Location: Environmental Hub, Middlewich
Hours: 37 hours per week
Salary: Grade 5 £19,171 - £21,166 per annum FTE (pending National Pay Award)
Ansa Environmental Services Ltd is a growing Company which is wholly owned by Cheshire East Council.
We have recently moved to a brand new facility in Middlewich and we are looking to recruit Arborist(s) to join our busy Arboriculture team.
We are looking for somebody who will be committed to providing an effective frontline service to the residents of Cheshire East in a courteous and professional manner.
You will be expected to undertake a variety of tree works both on the parks and open spaces maintained by the company as well as sites relating to commercial contracts.
For the right applicant, there is the possibility of obtaining further qualifications to build a successful career in this speciality, benefiting the individual and the company.
As a professional Arborist, you will assist in the provision of Ansa’s Arborist Team by;
- Carrying out arboricultural works across the borough, ensuring that work is carried out effectively and safely at all times
- Using full safety and climbing equipment in an approved manner and in accordance with current safety guidelines
- Demonstrating good health & safety practices such as the completion of site risk assessments and ensuring that the plant and machinery being used is to the expected standards.
- Providing an effective response to scheduled and ad hoc tree works that will vary on a day to day basis.
- Being prepared to work at any location managed by the team alongside a variation of team members within Parks & Grounds.
- Working in a safe and efficient manner following Ansa’s policies, procedures, risk assessments and safe working practices.
In order to apply for this role, applicants should have:
- A full UK driving licence. (B+E trailer entitlement is desirable).
- A good base knowledge in arboricultural operations.
- NPTC CS30, CS31 and CS38 qualifications or equivalent
- Effective communication skills
- A flexible and can do attitude
- Emergency first aid qualification is desirable
In return Ansa offer competitive terms and conditions, access to the Local Government (career average) Pension Scheme, salary sacrifice schemes, employee assistance programme and access to corporate leisure discount amongst other benefits.
To request an application form, please email SourcingTeam@ecwip.co.uk
For an informal discussion, please contact Keith Thelwell on 07976 770935.
Closing Date: 25 May 2020
Potential Interview Date: W/C 1 June 2020
The Company is unable to notify every applicant of the result of their application. If you have therefore not been contacted within four weeks of the closing date, then you should assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
**The Company will not re-employ employees who left their employment on the grounds of voluntary retirement/severance except in truly exceptional circumstances. Reappointment and re-engagement includes all types of contractual relationships whether they be a contract of employment, contract of service etc. and whether the individual is appointed as an employee or engaged as an interim, direct consultancy or via an agency or other supplier. If you feel however that there are exceptional circumstances in your case, please write in the first instance to Melanie Henniker, Group Head of HR and OD, Environmental Hub, Cledford Lane, Middlewich, Cheshire. CW10 0JR.